Study in USA

Why Study in USA?

The United States of America is amongst the most popular study destinations globally, housing the world’s top-ranked institutions. It is known to host the highest number of international students from all over the globe. Studying in the USA offers a perfectly blended student experience with an exciting campus environment and cultural diversity.

The melting-pot country provides an ideal environment for students’ developmental growth through flexible education methods and promotes creative thinking in various fields of study. It houses all 8 Ivy League universities of the world, of which Harvard University holds the highest rank in the country and is considered the most prestigious. Thanks to the sheer size of the country and a large number of schools and universities, there is a university suited for each student. From the breathtaking L.A. beaches to the Big Apple, the United States is truly the land of opportunities.

Popular Student Friendly Cities in USA

New York

San Francisco

Los Angeles






Popular Study Abroad Universities in the USA

Education system in USA

Undergraduate Degree

A Bachelor’s degree is a full-time four-year undergraduate program in the United States.

Associate Degree

Similar to a diploma awarded by community colleges in the United States, it is equivalent to a bachelor’s degree. It takes two years to earn an associate’s degree in the United States.

Graduate Degree

The majority of MA or MBA degrees offered in the United States last for two years. As a result, the USA is an excellent choice for those seeking postgraduate programs.

Doctorate Degree

A doctorate is also a type of graduate degree, which may take five to eight years to complete.

Types Of Educational Institutions in USA

State College or University

Owned and run by the local government. There are subsidies offered by the government as well.


There are four-year university programs offered by this institution.

Private College or University

Governed privately without the assistance of the government. It is possible for them to be affiliated with a religion.

Community College

The college offers two-year associate degree and certification programs. It is possible to transfer the credits and use them for four-year programs.

Institute Of Technology

They offer graduate programs of 4 year duration and also short term courses in Science and Technology.

Study Abroad Programs in USA

Core Course

You must take these courses to complete your program. These are foundational courses.

Major Course

Specialization program that assists in the development of specific skills.

Elective Course

Study abroad programs that are studied for the purpose of enhancing the resume are included in this section.

Credit system of USA

Public and private universities in the United States are bound by the credit system. Credits can be earned for courses and applied toward the completion of a program. Bachelor’s degrees typically require three to five credits per course. An average of three to four credits per year is required for a master’s degree. Normally, Bachelor’s degrees typically require 120 to 130 credits, while master’s degrees require 30 to 64 credits. Studying abroad in the USA is made easier thanks to the country’s accommodative credit system. US education uses a grade point average, or GPA, as a measure of academic achievement. A grade of 4.0 is equivalent to an A, while a grade of 0.0 is equivalent to an F. The minimum GPA required for different programs varies.

To learn more about studying in the United States, you can contact our skilled consultant for USA study visa at Divine EAC.

According to our study in USA consultants, here are the most renowned universities in the United States.

Popular Courses in USA

Technology & Engineering





Marine Biology & Life Sciences

Fine arts

Social Sciences

Business & Management

Physical & Life Sciences


Political Science

Admission Requirements For The Study Abroad Courses

Degree Requirements Key points
Associate degree
The TOEFL score required is less than the 4-year degree program. English can be taken as a second language program.
These are transferable degrees. For example, associates of arts, science. They are offered by community colleges, junior or technical colleges.
Bachelor’s degree
The minimum GPA for 12th Standard graduates range from 2.5 to 3.00. TOEFL score - 61 SAT - 100
Mostly offered by universities
Master’s degree
The minimum GPA in Bachelor’s degree has to be between 2.50 to 3.50 TOEFL score -78 to 100
They are offered by universities.

Not sure where to start?

Techniques To Opt For A Student VISA in the USA

International students who wish to attend higher education institutions in the United States are generally required to obtain an F-1 visa. To obtain an F-1 visa, various requirements must be met, such as a language training course, proof of financial stability, identification documents, etc. Before applying for a student visa to the United States, you must have an I-20 form. For more information, get in touch with our study in USA consultants. In order to apply for a student visa, you must follow the following steps:

Send your application to the university of your choice and wait for the acceptance letter to arrive. Ensure that the university you choose is accredited by the SEVP before making your decision. Upon acceptance, you may begin the visa application process.

Obtain an I-20 form from your college.

Make a payment of USD 200 as the SEVIS fee for 1-901. If you wish to pay the SEVIS fee, you must provide the following information: name, address, birth date, email address, country of birth, and SEVIS identification number listed on the I-20.

Prepare for your interview by identifying the nearest US Embassy or consulate.

Fill out the DS-160 visa application.

Make an appointment with your preferred consulate or embassy. It is possible that you will be required to pay USD 160 as a fee.

Be present at the interview. The following documents are required for verification at the interview: passport, visa photo, printed DS-160 barcode page, and I-20 form.

Fee payment for insurance coverage.

Work Opportunities in USA

 The F1 visa, the student visa, allows you to work in the USA but only under certain conditions. You have to comply with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations. You can opt for free on-campus employment. There are three off-campus employment categories available for international students –

On-Campus Employment (OCE)

Optional Practical Training (OPT)

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

As a result, our consultant for USA study visa can safely conclude that pursuing higher education in the United States will ensure that one experiences the American dream. Furthermore, you may be able to obtain student loans to help overcome your financial difficulties. To know relevant information on studying in the United States, connect with the study in USA consultants at Divine EAC.

Frequently asked Questions

How soon does the US academic session begin?

It is common for the US academic year to begin in August and to end in May of the following year. Some US universities may also have a trimester system in addition to semesters at most universities.

What is the best way for me to navigate through the various universities in the United States and find the right one for me?

The United States has more than 4500 universities. Without a doubt, browsing through all universities is a challenging task. If you need assistance with the process, you can connect with our consultant for USA study visa at Divine EAC. It is also possible to ask your high school teachers and friends for advice. Last but not least, remember to check the official websites of the schools you are interested in.

Would I be able to apply for a Master's degree with a three-year bachelor's degree?

It is not easy to answer this question. There are several universities that do accept a three-year bachelor’s degree, although most universities require a four-year undergraduate degree.

What is the most valid English language test in the United States?

IELTS and TOEFL are generally accepted by U.S. universities.

What is the best term for internship opportunities in the United States?

There are more internship opportunities available during the fall academic session. For students who enroll in the spring session, employers require them to meet a nine-month enrollment threshold.

When applying for an on-campus job, what information should I include on my resume?

The resume should not include your date of birth, religious preference, nationality, passport number, or home address. Our trusted consultant for USA study visa will guide you through the process.

How do you get an on-campus job?

Taking an active role in networking and volunteering would be beneficial. If you are looking for a job, contact the career center at the university. In addition, you may also ask seniors for advice.

Can I obtain my OPT after returning to the United States of America from my home country?

No, if you did not receive a work authorization document prior to leaving the United States, you will not be readmitted upon your return.

After receiving my Employment Authorization Document, what documents do I need to return to the United States of America?

Here are the documents you will need

  1. Valid passport
  2. Valid F-1 visa
  3. Valid EAD card
  4. Letter of employment with date of joining and salary
  5. Please include all pages of the 1-20 form as well as three pages related to travels by the international student advisor in the last six months.
Can I work for longer than one year under OPT?

Students who are employed by companies that are part of the E-Verify program and are studying any of the following subjects may be eligible to apply for an extension of their OPT.

There are various subjects available, including:

  1. Actuarial Science
  2. Computer Applications
  3. Engineering
  4. Engineering Technologies,
  5. Life Sciences
  6. Mathematics
  7. Military
  8. Technologies
  9. Physical Sciences,
  10. STEM courses
What is the purpose of labor condition attestation (LCA) that requires a visa?

LCA’s ensure that you receive the rightful salary and benefits, and that American companies do not exploit you.

Is it possible for me to fit into the culture of the United States as a foreign student?

International students are welcomed at American universities with open arms. With societies and clubs, they offer a lot of support to international students.

Is it possible to say that the education system in the United States is accommodating?

During your studies, you will be able to work and participate in co-curricular activities as an international student. The option of taking night classes is also available if you do not find day classes feasible.

Does CPT have a culmination date?

The information is contained in the I-20 form. CPT is an integral part of your academic program.

What is the oldest university in the United States that offers study abroad programs?

Harvard University is the most prestigious educational institution in the United States.

Is there a website that I can use to ease my application process to the United States?

For assistance in the application process for universities, you can take assistance from US study consultants at Divine EAC.

Which subjects will allow me to extend my visa for a period of 24 months?

STEM subjects will allow you to extend your visa for 24 months. For more information, consult our US study consultants.

Do Indian students have access to study abroad scholarships at American universities?

Yes, Indian students are eligible for study abroad scholarships at US universities. To know more about scholarships, get in touch with Divine EAC experts.

What is the top-ranked university in the United States?

Among the top universities in the world, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology is ranked first by the QS World University Rankings.

Is it possible to obtain an I-20 form if I am under the age of 18?

Yes, I-20 forms are available to study abroad in USA. However, your parents or guardians must sign the form.

Yes, I-20 forms are available to study abroad in USA. However, your parents or guardians must sign the form.

I know It's kinda Confusing! Don't worry..